Do's & Don'ts
- Clean the batteries as and when dust accumulates.
- Keep the batteries away from heat source, sparks, fire etc.
- Charge the batteries once in every six months,@ 2.30volts per cell for 24 hrs. with a current of 10 to 20% of its rated capacity, if unused / stored for long periods.
- Tighten all the terminal bolt connections to a torque of 11 Nm.
- Wherever cables are used ensure using proper cable size and crimping of lug to the cable.
- Re-torque all the terminal bolts to 11 Nm. once in every six month.
- After discharge, recharge the batteries immediately after restoring the power.
- Always use calibrated instruments for measurement.
- Follow the inspection & monitoring procedure.
- Use constant voltage with current limiting charger only for charging these batteries.
- Float charge the batteries only @ 2.23 VPC.
- Boost charge the batteries only @ 2.30VPC.
- For conducting A/T., charge the battery bank @ 2.3VPC for 24 hrs. At a current of 20% (or) for 32 hrs. At a current of 10% of its rated capacity.
- In case of any difficulty during service/maintenance please contact nearest manufacturer's office.
- Do not add acid or water.
- Do not tamper with safety valve.
- Do not install any physically damaged cell / battery.
- Do not over tighten the terminal bolts.
- Do not allow metal objects to rest on the battery or fall across the battery terminals.
- Do not mix batteries of different capacities / makes / types etc.
- Do not boost charge the batteries for more than 24 hrs.